Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Product Review: Glutino Pretzel Twists

A few days ago, my friend Andrea was talking to me about various gluten free foods. Her son is allergic to wheat, so they eat a lot of gluten free things. She asked me if I had tried gluten free pretzels. I hadn't because I'm not a big fan of them, except for the big soft and chewy ones slathered in butter and coarse salt. Andrea isn't gluten free, yet she said that she liked gluten free pretzels better than regular ones. Of course this meant that I bought them on my next shopping trip.

Andrea didn't specify a brand, but the common one I see in grocery stores around here is Glutino. 


They are a bit pricey compared to regular pretzels. I paid $3.89 for an 8 oz package, which was the sale price. The regular price is $4.29. By comparison, I can usually get a 16 oz bag of regular pretzels made from wheat for $1 on sale or $1.69 regular. This is normal for gluten free products.

I barely made it to my car in the grocery store parking lot before opening the pretzels. It was lunchtime, but I was pretty excited to try the pretzels too. So, did I like them? Yes! I are half the bag over the next hour or two. And remember, I'm not a big pretzel fan. They were crispier than regular pretzels, and they tasted a little bit buttery. They don't have any butter in them, and they don't have an excessive amount of fat in them either. So I'm not sure how that works, but it does. The pretzels also had just enough salt in them...not too much or too little. I really liked these pretzels and will be buying them again, although probably not too frequently just because of the price.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated by any party for this post. I bought the pretzels with my own money, and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I am crazy about Glutino pretzels. You're right though...so expensive! I go ahead and by the giant bag for 8 bucks and try to make it last for two weeks. I have a family of eight, and I'm the only one that eats GF. They are sworn under pain of death not to touch my GF food!

    ReplyDelete